Thursday, June 29, 2006

In Which I Befriend the Indian Army

We were taking a break in the Old City after having just made our second shopping trip in the awesome Moriah: The Jewish Media Superstore and we saw a huge contingent of men dressed in what looked like U.S. Navy summer white uniforms. Upon closer inspection by yours truly, I determined that these were Indian military personnel.

One of the soldiers asked, "Do you speak English?" and I replied in the affirmative. We chatted for a minute and he told me that his entire cohort of exclusively male soldiers was "just visiting" Israel. Wink, wink, nudge, nudge. How nice, a vacation for the entire army!

Quite a few of the Indians found female Israeli soldiers with whom they wanted to have their photos taken. It was fun to watch. Speaking of female IDF soldiers, I don't think I've shared this fantastic gallery of pictures of female Israeli soldiers.

What was also interesting about these soldiers, besides that they filled up the Old City, was that as they walked in pairs in a nice formation, about a fifth of the pairs held hands. I can't imagine U.S. Navy sailors doing that, can you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home