Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Drinking

A little over five years ago, I gave up drinking soda. It has been a wonderful thing and I am really glad that I did it. So, in the States, I normally drink ice water most of the day and allow myself an ice tea or lemonade when I go out to eat.

Surprisingly, both in London and in Israel, I've been having trouble finding stuff to drink. For water, it took me a while to finally discover that "mineral water" is much better tasting that the "non-mineral water." Thankfully, I've finally found some water! Now I just have to schlep it from the grocery store in huge quantities. (I'm still working on the ice part of my ice-water drink.)

For my fun drink, I've been exploring. In London, I stumbled across pineapple juice with was just scrumptious! However, once in Israel, I haven't been able to find any. So, for the first few days, I've been drinking orange juice here, but that just doesn't taste right with every meal.

Today, I found it. At a shiur (study session) today at CY, they brought in some hummus and dips and some pita for us to eat. Along with the food came Coke, Sprite, and a lemon-mint drink. Still not drinking soda, my only choice was the lemon-mint. Yummy! It is sweet, but not too sweet and is very refreshing. Matt and I hit the store on our way home today and picked up two cartons of it...I can't wait for it to get cold!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home