Friday, June 23, 2006

Fire and Ice

I'm beginning to think that the one thing I'm going to miss most is... ice! I am a caffeine addict and my source is soda. I love an ice-cold Coca Cola or Dr. Pepper in a large glass with lots of ice. Such a luxury is not quite possible here in London. When I ask for ice with my beverage in a restaurant I get approximately four pieces. When I'm in the hotel, there's no ice machine and the local grocery store has no ice for sale. I've been spoiled and am going to have to get used to less than freezing Coke.

In another arena that shows just how much I've been spoiled is cigarette smoke. Being from California, where it's illegal to think about smoking, I rarely smell cigarette smoke anymore. Here, on the other side of the Atlantic, there's a more liberal attitude to smoking and you'll encounter individuals smoking indoors in public places where they'd be tarred and feathered in California. I'll just have to get used to it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home