Sunday, July 23, 2006

Mystery Solved!


Anxious about the mysteriously missing giraffe, I couldn't wait until Sunday. On Friday night, I found the student from our Hebrew class who held the answer to our mystery and I begged her to tell us where the giraffe lay hidden.

I told her about how we had spent days searching up and down the street for the missing giraffe. Plus, I told her how the Matt, Jean, and I had frantically searched around every bush and shrub in the little park, much to the amusement of the regular park goers.

Our friend laughed and then whispered me the giraffe's secret location. Aha! I had the answer! I wanted to rush right out and see the giraffe for myself at that very moment, but since I was in the middle of a sit-down dinner I was forced to wait.

My foot tapped on the ground. I made the table shake from my impatience, but there was no leaving early. And then, by the time I was able to go outside, it had already grown dark. There was no getting around it, I was going to have to wait until the following day.

The next morning, Matt and I finally found the giraffe! Although we thought we had searched the park thoroughly, we had neglected to look on top of the ice-cream kiosk.

When Matt saw it, he stated that of course he hadn't thought of looking there for the giraffe because he thought he was looking for a real giraffe. "Huh?!" I asked. "You thought there was a real wandering giraffe along this street?"

Was Matt just trying to seem cool and come up with an answer as to why he hadn't seen the huge giraffe during the four weeks we've been walking down this street or had he really been looking for a real giraffe?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home