Thursday, July 20, 2006

Nasty Bites

Last night we were out with friends and then walked home through a park. Later, Matt said he felt mosquitoes while in the park. I didn't notice something was wrong until the next morning.

While checking my email this morning, I realized that my legs were completely itchy. I randomly scratched them, not thinking much of it. But wowza! I was seriously bitten!

I assumed they were mosquito bites but they have gotten pretty big, red, and icky so I'm not so sure anymore. I'm trying not to scratch them and did I put some hot water on them. I am so lucky that Jean brought some anti-itch Cortizone (which I hadn't even thought to bring)! I've just put the salve on my five bites. The Cortizone is really taking the edge off both the itching and the pain.

Could this really have been done by ordinary mosquitoes? Another friend said he found a bug that same night on his arm and when he brushed it away there was blood. Ick!

Lessons learned: 1) There are some very nasty, sneaky bugs here; 2) don't keep scratching even if you think it's just a mosquito bite; 3) always pack some Cortizone; 4) wear bug repellent when out and about in the evening.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You might be allergic to mosquito bites .. or those particular mosquitoes. The bites get really big and really red - I know, from experience! =) Don't itch!!!

1:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home