Sunday, June 18, 2006

When Will I Drive Again?

48 hours from now we'll be on our plane to New York. Once that happens, it might be a long time before I'm behind the wheel of a car. Since the age of 16, I haven't gone very long without driving. The longest time I've gone without driving was probably our trip to Eastern Europe and that was only 16 days. I'm sure I won't be driving for weeks, if not months. We might rent a car during the holidays to see the country but for the most part, we'll be walking and taking taxis to get where we need to go.

I was thinking about hitting the open road on Monday and driving for a few hours just for the heck of it. But, gas prices being what they are, the lack of time I have left before we leave, and the possibility of even getting a nail in a tire (thus causing me to have to deal with that on such a short time schedule) leaves me no option but to only drive for essential needs, such as another trip to the post office to mail another box of books (although I haven't bought a book in over three days!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home