Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Worst Product Ever!

I've discovered that there are many products in Israel that are better than those in the U.S. and there are also many that are worse than U.S. products. However, I think I have found the very worst product I have come across in my entire lifetime.

It all started when I needed to do some ironing. Our landlady left us a very nice ironing board except for the fact that it has no cover on it. Thus, if I were to iron directly on the board, the grid pattern of the board itself makes its way onto my garments.

To prevent this, I have been using a towel, but that has become tedious. I wanted to buy an official ironing board cover. My mission seemed simple and uncomplicated. Oh how I was wrong!

Friends and I went shopping at the big mall (a fabulous place!) and meandered into the home store there. They had a selection of ironing board covers so I picked the one that had the least ugly design (pretty much what I would also do in the States) and thought I was done with the matter.

The next day, I tried to use the ironing board cover. It was crazy! The packaging made so many promises...



Elastic...hmph! There wasn't a stitch of elastic on the whole thing. It was a flat, thin piece of fabric that draped over the board. Not much better than my current make-shift towel cover, I was thinking.

Anyway, I thought I would try it. As soon as the iron got near the "ironing board cover" it disintegrated! No kidding! A big patch melted right onto my iron, creating a huge gooey mess!

What kind of ironing board cover can't be ironed upon?!?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home