Tuesday, September 19, 2006

My First Hebrew Book

A week ago Monday, I arrived in my afternoon class and discovered that there was a textbook for the class and that said textbook was written entirely in Hebrew. I discovered that means no English! The book is a recent on, published in 1995 in Israel by a leading rabbinic authority and is a guide to daily Jewish life. Thus, we will spend our time in this class (as will all my classes, I was to discover), translating original texts from Hebrew for half of the class period with a partner and then after spending 90 minutes or so translating and trying to understand what we're reading, we meet with the instructor and discuss what we learned from our group discussions. So, I purchased my first real book entirely in Hebrew - it was very exciting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home