Sunday, January 21, 2007

The Weather Outside Was Frightful

Last Thursday was absolutely beautiful - sunny, warm, blue sky. But, by Saturday afternoon, the weather turned awful. Saturday night was incredibly windy and rainy and the noise of the wind kept us tossing and turning all night long. This morning was not much better and I wasn't looking forward to walking the twenty minutes to Hebrew class. Jen suggested a taxi but I wouldn't hear of it. I walked through the rain and wind and discovered that just under half my class showed up, which made for a better student-teacher ratio after all.

Apparently, according to the Swede in my class, our classmates are a fair weather bunch and during the bad weather at the end of December (before I started with the class), there were several days where only the "hearty Europeans" showed up. He also told me that bad weather is like a dentist's appointment - you just have to get through it! He also said, "It's not like Siberia! This is nothing!" At least the forecast for the imminent future is nice.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Course a little bad weather wouldn't slow down a Red Crosser, would it?

10:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home